Thursday, June 5, 2008

NEWPORT DAILY NEWS FEATURE

We're now officially bi-coastal as Mike stays behind in Newport and I venture to Jackson Hole.


We "woke" up at 3:30 am to get to TF Green airport in Providence in time for my 6am flight(s) to Wyoming and Mike's 6:30am flight back to NYC, (Mike returns to Rhode Island on Friday with his girlfriend Jessie to host the Saturday screening solo). I say "woke" even though I never went to sleep after returning from last night's party around 1am. After changing planes in Atlanta and Salt Lake, I made it into Jackson around 2:30pm and was greeted by a text from Mike informing me about a front page feature article that appeared in today's NEWPORT DAILY NEWS. We had met with reporter Jim Gillis just prior to our 9pm screening last night at the Opera House Theatre. Like all Newporters, a very nice guy. In any case, check out the article by clicking on the thumbnail image below, or click HERE.

After checking in to the beautiful Snake River Resort, James Le Gros (sporting a long Hell's Angel beard for his new HBO series ONE PERCENT) picked me up and we drove into town to catch the Opening Night film HEART ON FIRE. It's a touching film about children soldiers in a small war-torn African nation, but nonetheless a challenge to sit thru (subtitles and all) after being awake for 36+ hours straight and eating only airline "snacks."

Speaking of my flights, on the leg from Salt Lake to Jackson I sat across the aisle from and chatted it up with Anonymous Content producer/manager Michael Sugar, an extremely funny guy with exceptional taste. (He liked my film, what can I say other than he has great taste?) Also seated next to me was LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE producer Ron Yerxa, who offered to share his bag of fresh cut carrots with me. Seems industry turnout at Jackson Hole promises to be substantial.

I'll write more later. For now I just need sleep. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

No comments: