Sunday, June 22, 2008

GAIA FILM FESTIVAL - Day Three: WINNER!!

Our good fortune continued its streak today when we were awarded the Audience Award for Best Feature Film at the third Annual Gaia Film Festival here in Boulder, Colorado. I was thrilled when Festival Director Una Morera announced from the stage in the historic Boulder Theater that we won.

The other Audience Awards went to FIVE WISHES, the short that proceeded our film at yesterday's screening, and FIELDS OF FUEL, the much publicised doc that had all of Boulder buzzing. Fellow filmmakers Michael Goorjian and Josh Tickell are terrific guys and I couldn't be happier they walked away with awards too.

Today started with an early brunch for the filmmakers and festival staff and jurors. After last night it was hard getting up for the 9am event but I managed to make it there and lo and behold, Heather was already seated and looking far prettier than she was entitled to considering our late night. I didn't stay long, however since I really wanted to see the 11 AM screening of DIAMOND DOG CAPER. I thought the two shorts that proceeded the feature were very clever and well produced, but unfortunately my two hours of sleep caught up with me 20 minutes into the feature and I had to retreat to my hotel room for a nap.

The rest of the day is a bit of a blur, but I'll share with you via video some of it below:

1 comment:

Heather Marie Philipp said...

Great to meet you and to be there for the magic of the Audience Choice Award for Sherman's Way. Yes, technically I think 9 am IS breakfast... maybe "brunch" was just wishful thinking since we clearly could've all used a little more sleep. :) xo - xo Heather Marie Philipp