Monday, June 9, 2008

DAY FIVE - Jackson Hole Film Festival

Well all good things must come to an end. But why must the end always include trying to stuff a week's worth of junk into an overnight bag? I rushed out of the Lodge early and headed to the Jackson Hole Airport to return the rental car, check in and make it to the gate in time for my 10:30am flight. In addition to all the clothes I brought for both Newport and Jackson Hole, I now had two huge gift bags (one for Mike) as well as news-clippings, program guides and of course, a foot tall bronze statue (pictured at right). But I had to get home today in time for my son Josh's birthday.

I was pleased to learn that fellow filmmaker Matt Merkovich was on my flight and we were able to sit next to each other and continue the wonderful dialog we began at the festival. Matt's a smart guy and it was freaky to learn how much we had in common -- like we both have the same favorite word: sesquipedalian. Odd but true.

After three airports, two planes, a shuttle bus and a cab I made it home. Well, actually, Josh had called as I landed at LAX asking me to come visit him on the set of SWINGTOWN. How could I turn him down on his birthday? So I cabbed it over to the set, luggage in tow and watched him hustle on his incredibly high-paying summer job. I'm so proud. He seems to really like working on a set. After about 20 minutes, I headed home and jumped onto the phone with Mike and we caught up on business.

I've included below some video from yesterday's drive into town before our final screening. Just thought I'd share the view of the Grand Tetons. Not sure why I giggle like a school boy every-time I utter "Grand Tetons." Just sounds naughty.

1 comment:

The Motoring said...

Thanks for the post. I liked it. Keep going I follow you.
usedcarsforsale