Monday, April 28, 2008

NEWPORT Part Duex?

Still catching up on sleep after a marathon of movies. One of the things I love most about being in a film festival is the free pass I get to see other films. I love the panels, meeting other filmmakers. The whole environment. I had to head back to LA for some meetings, but I hope to get back down to Newport Beach to see some more films. Of note, I really liked PHEOBE IN WONDERLAND, LIE TO ME, SON OF RAMBOW and FLYBOYS. Although I didn't see LEAVING BARSTOW at the fest, I did see an early cut at the star's house a few months back and really liked it. Mike and I also caught RED RIVER, the 1948 John Wayne picture. I hadn't seen a John Wayne film on the big screen since I saw THE ALAMO as a kid.

When I got home, I saw Army Archerd's column and he did indeed mention SHERMAN'S WAY! On top of that, I was greeted with an invitation to screen our film at the Newport International Film Festival in Rhode Island in June. Same dates as Jackson Hole Film Festival, so it'll be interesting to try to be in two places at once! High class problem, though.

No comments: