Friday, April 25, 2008

NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL - Morning After

Okay. How cool is this? Mike and I plan to meet in the lobby of the Island Hotel for breakfast. So, as I'm waiting for Mike to come down, I'm greeted by the legendary Richard Sherman -- the guy wrote so many classic Disney songs including the score to MARY POPPINS. He tells me he was at the screening last night and "loved the film." He was so generous in praise, I was literally embarrassed. He went on and on about how we need more films like it, and how he didn't want it to end.


Seconds later, we are joined by the equally legendary (and amazingly spry 86-year old) Army Archerd from VARIETY (along with his radiant wife, Selma). As long as I can remember, my day started by reading his definitive column. After a second, Mr. Archerd realized who I was from my introduction before the film, and he too began to heap praise. "What an exceptional film! I can't wait for the sequel! Those characters were so fun to watch and boy what a great message."

I was in heaven! I asked Mr. Archerd if I could quote him on our poster and he said, "We'll do better. I'll do an item in my column." Wow. And I didn't think anything could top last night!

1 comment:

Admin said...

hello I do not speak English but items that are interesting than good public

viva la paz