Saturday, April 26, 2008

ME AND JERRY MAGUIRE


One of the great things about film festivals are all the amazing people you get to meet. The founding sponsor of NBFF is none other than super sports attorney Leigh Steinberg, who not only served as consultant on Cameron Crowe's JERRY MAGUIRE, but also as the basis for Tom Cruise's titular character.

Leigh was gracious enough to invite me, Mike and Mike's buddy Jordan up to his Newport Beach office for a private tour of his sports memorabilia. Covering ever inch of wall, shelf and floor space was autographed paraphernalia from Troy Aikman, Dusty Baker, Oscar de la Hoya, Mark Brunell, Matt Leinhart -- you name it. If they've held, thrown or kicked a ball, this guy reps them.

His office overlooks the Pacific Ocean and he invited me to see the view from behind his desk. Unfortunately, we only had my crappy cellphone camera, but you can see Leigh and I checking out yesterday's local newspaper with Mike and I on the cover. It's also a shame that Mike and Jordan were too shy to snap a pick. Or was it that I'm a Photo Op whore? Not sure which.

No comments: