Thursday, May 1, 2008

NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL - Closing Night


What a way to end the fest! After dropping off some "thank you" gifts to the NBFF group, I headed over to the historic art deco Lido Theater to catch the closing night film CAPTAIN ABU RAED, an incredibly touching, beautifully shot Jordanian film. It deserves all the accolades it's been receiving.

At the After Party, I got a chance to catch up with some of the really cool filmmakers I had met during the course of the festival, including LIE TO ME's John Stewart Muller and co-writer/producer Laura Boersman. Probably the worst picture ever taken of me appears above from the Orange County Register. Not only do I look drunk, which I was not, John appears stunned and seems to be guarding his privates from the freak standing next to him. That's actor Nick Wexler on the left, and Laura on the right.

I also got to chat it up with RAED director Amin Matalqa, who is incredibly nice and shares a passion for the works of Milos Forman. Later in the evening, I hung out with two of the coolest festival types you'll ever meet: Melanie Miller and Diane Becker from the Jackson Hole Film Festival. I can't wait to spend time with them in Wyoming next month.

No comments: