Wednesday, February 27, 2008

DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSE?

I'm sore. My whole body aches from the 6 hour drive from Los Angeles in a cramped MGB. I love the way this little car looks, but boy did the Brits scrimp on comfort!! I thought it'd be fun to have the vehicular star of SHERMAN'S WAY at the World Premiere. Create some buzz. No matter where I go in this car, it seems to turn heads. Hopefully that will translate into some audience members.

We're playing in the large San Jose REP Theater three screenings and although the fest boasts attendance of upwards 80,000 people, I am of course nervous about people showing up. Our first screening is pitted against the big festival party Friday night, so we'll just have to see.

Joaquin followed me up in the SUV crammed pack with posters, postcards -- even a standee I built that hopefully we'll be able to place next to the Roadster in front of the theater.

We just checked into the De Anza hotel. It's a little off the beaten path and a good walk to the Montgomery and The Fairmont where they are putting up most of the other filmmakers. Joaquin and I walked around, checking the place out a bit before we headed to the filmmakers Lounge to check in. Met some cool folks and chatted up SW before rushing off to the Opening Night film EDEN COURT, which I didn't care for very much. Kimberly Williams was terrific in it, but I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe it was the long drive up the coast from LA.

The After Party was packed, but Joaquin and I left shortly after arriving and grabbed a quick bite at the Pita Pit.

No comments: