Thursday, February 28, 2008

CINEQUEST - Day One

Picked Mike up at the San Francisco Airport around noon and grabbed a quick bite. We're all so excited about our big night tomorrow. Tom arrives tonight, but he's going to cab it in from San Jose Airport because I want to check out BEAUFORT -- not so much because I'm a fan of Israeli war movies, but rather I'm curious to see how a film will play in the REP.

Just finished seeing the film. Impressive, if not long. Which may have been exacerbated by the fact that we were in the balcony without A/C and the middle Eastern woman next to us was eating foul-smelling sushi throughout the film. The venue is stellar.

I was heading to meet up with Tom so he, Mike, Joaquin and I could have some dinner, but ended up having a drink with Cinequest PR head Jens Hussey instead. Fest programmer Michael Rebehl joined us after a bit. These guys are great. Very funny and extremely welcoming. We talked about PR, then Michael walked me over to the REP to meet with Stephanie, the head techie. I really feel like we're in good hands.

No comments: